Step by Step shipping to Jamaica
Shipping your car to Jamaica will be very easy working with ours experienced sales advisors, who will be helping you every step of the way. If you are non-USA residents, you may import one car a year as a tourist (no extensions are available after the year).
1. Our shipping advisors will complete all the necessary paperwork in order to ship your vehicle to Jamaica. Upon arrival, you must paid all applicable customs taxes and handling fees.
2. Keep in maind that you should have to pay up to 67% of the value of your vehicle as a duty upon arriving in the country. The price can be higher if the motor of the vehicle is bigger.
3. You can not import cars that are more than 4 years old.
4. If you are a resident of this island and you have been away for a period of three years, you can bring back with you two vehicles, ofcourse you need to have all the paper work in order for this vehicles.
5. You can drive with your foreing license for one year, after that time you have to get the Jamaican driven license.
6. You need to get a car insurance before to import the car, you are not going to be permitted to drive away from Customs until you provide a proof of insurance .